(Thanks to the wonderful Tipnut for this recipe)
Ok so Im having a laugh right? No this stuff really works. I have been so busy lately and feeling really bad about the state of the house. Simple things like washing up and vacuming take up precious time meaning that I'm not making soap, so they don't get done. Trouble is I cant stand living in a dump! Solution - get a cleaner and Sarah started this Saturday, how fab it was to come home from a busy farmers market to a lovely, clean house!!! So now I'm on with the kitchen. My cabinets have not been cleaned since they were fitted and I'm to embarassed to tell you how long ago that was!!
This is magic stuff, it really works. Use it with a microfibre cloth and it will amaze you.
1 gallon hot water
1 cup household ammonia
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup baking soda
- Mix ingredients well in a large bucket, make sure to dissolve the baking soda completely. Soak a sponge in the cleaner and then apply to surface of cabinet. For hard to remove grease spots, hold sponge firmly on spot for several seconds and then try wiping clean.
- Extra tough grease spots: Sprinkle damp sponge lightly with baking soda, gently scrub grease to break it up and then apply degreaser solution.
- Rinse cleaned cabinets well with hot water then dry with a clean towel.
- Can be used on painted cabinets, but test area first to make sure there’s no discoloration or damage.
- Wear rubber gloves and make sure not to mix this with bleach or any soap/detergent containing bleach.
This will work even better if you wear one of the lovely vintage pinny patterns also to be found on Tipnut